


Hi!
I haven't entered for about a week, so here's the scoop. I'm probably going to do weekly digests from now on, unless I find spare time.
I had a small freakout Friday - I'm on complete and total overload. New city, new job, new responsibilities, new people. New doctors, new weather patterns, new clothes! New mode of transportation (my knees hurt now), temp house, temp mailbox, temp phone numbers, even a new way of doing laundry. I have so much in limbo but I'm trying to live my day-to-day. Seriously, I'm in "new everything overload". I am just burned out.
And we're trying to investigate neighborhoods to live in. Hey, wait a minute. I've only been here THREE FREAKING WEEKS! Give me a break.
So, this week I went to work, came home, went to work, came home, went to work, came home, went to work, came home, dropped off dog, went to dinner with a friend, came home. Yesterday I went to work and had a fantastic day. I got to work at the cool facility on a fun project. Then I went back to the mothership and established some new boundaries (like shutting my door) and new ground rules like making them schedule in a break between clients for lunch instead of eating at my desk between renders during session. I came home, had a little drink and felt much better.
Anyway, today is the day to talk about! It was our first real "day off"! We got up at 7am, got our car out of storage and X, little B & I drove to Brewster (1.5 hours). Grabbed Dunkin' Donuts (this is *the* thing here - they actually have decent coffee) and met the movers at the storage unit. We were met by the driver who ushered our belongings to NY, and the NY team of Delancey who were just as awesome as the LA team. All our stuff was accounted for and undamaged as far as we could tell. It took them exactly as long as they estimated (2 hours) to load into the 10x20 and we were done at noon as promised. We were chatting afterwards and they told us their facility was in a CASTLE about 10 mintues away! We were invited to check it out so we did! Amazing...
It was a positively gorgeous day and we were surrounded by trees and lakes for the entire drive. All the trees still have their winter dressing on but it was still lovely. We drove back to Brooklyn to check out neighborhoods. First we drove to the AAA office to get a map and made our way to Williamsburg. Hippies *everywhere* - people here refer to them as "hipsters" but either way they are NOT our people. It reminded me of Berkeley. No thank you. Then we drove over to Park Slope. Ah, much better. But hi, expensive! But really cute! I mean, really.
After a long day in the car I thought it would be nice for little B to get a chance to run is little Frenchie rear off at the dog park so I walked five blocks down to Tompkins Square and he let loose for nearly an hour with the big boys while I stood and grinned at the entertainment. Ah. Stood. Not walked. Ah. We came home, he passed out.
So many decisions. X & I went to Luca Bar to think about all our options. Then we passed out.