

Oh boy, I found a really cool cheap place to eat. There is this place called The Dumpling Man on 9th, a short walk from our place. They are a tiny hole in the wall, long and narrow, with strips of counter to sit and eat at. They serve North Asian style chinese dumplings, hand made before your eyes. You order the filling you want and the style you want it cooked in (steamed or seared), then sit at the counter and watch the show. These three chinese ladies are just there all day making trays and trays of dumplings 12" from you (behind a plexi wall). It's really cool. The dough is fresh, the filling is awesome and fresh, and I couldn't decide what to get. So I got some of everything! $10 got me more pork, chicken, veggie, and shrimp dumplings than I could eat, as well as some green tea. And a show! Neat.
*these two photos are from Yelp*