Why?

After 14 years of LA, the things we didn't like about living here finally wore us down and we decided to move away. Our first choice was Portland, Oregon. After months of interviewing, neither of us could secure a job. We turned our sights to the next city on the list, New York. We lined up jobs and moved at the end of March 2008.

Apparently this was a bad idea. Things were not as they seemed and New York was not a good fit. We learned some good, hard lessons about life. We moved back to LA (four months later!) because the most important things were:

- be with our friends and close to our sisters
- advance our careers in a market we understand
- enjoy a low cost of living so we can save & travel

This is what makes us happy and apparently we had to move away to get our priorities straight. We still LOVE NEW YORK! We just enjoy it more as tourists...

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Less of me

I've lost weight. I'm pretty sure it's not muscle because I'm still strong enough to do the strength poses I have in my yoga routine. 

Two pairs of pants were so loose I could take them off without unbuttoning them. I had been wearing my belts so tight with them that my hips were being rubbed raw on the walk to work. I finally got them taken in. I was able to shop for new jeans on Saturday. I decided to go into Lucky Brand; I've always been afraid to because they are so overpriced. I tried on 8 pairs of jeans and every single pair fit like they were made for me! That never happens. I bought two pairs.

I haven't been eating much, I have been experiencing a high amount of stress, and I walk at least 1.5 hours a day (back and forth to work plus dog walks). The less eating is because my adorable kitchen is antiquated and unusable. Unless making a meal equals boiling a pot of water, or making an egg & toast, or doing the cereal thing, we eat out. I actually made PB&J for dinner one night. Although there are lots of places to do it fairly sensibly, eating out every night is pretty rough on the system; all the variety was making me sick. Not to mention the $$$ going out. I'm doing yoga breathing for the stress and I'm still able to laugh, so there's that. And nothing to do about all the walking except for the non-rainy days where I Xootr. That's pretty fun and it's good exercise.