Yesterday the furry guys got their final checkups at the Vet - clean bills of health for them both! While I did that, X took the car in for some brake work. He's got today off and guess what? More book packing. I sorted through the garage even more. I'm really ready for that garage sale. This evening our friend came over and gave us a fantastic gift of a "final LA portrait" in front of our house. We hung for a bit with him and CC over Tito's and drinks.
Tuesday morning I awoke with a start to my alarm after a wild night of anxiety dreams about our open house today. I pretty much covered every scenario from people teaming up to distract my realtor and steal everything all the way to horrible things happening to her. They were very obviously telling me I was nervous about leaving my house open to strangers with all our stuff in it. Our agent talked me down with sandwiches and cookies and the facts of the process (people wouldn't be inside more than 2 minutes, and it's only realtors today) so I reluctantly left. But I came back a little early to read in my car with a wary eye on the front door. SO WHAT? Of course everything was fine. We had more people show than we thought would considering the construction blocking all access to our street. All in all I'm glad it was over - it took me until that evening to chill out.